Diploma of Canine
Canine Myofunctional Therapy (professional remedial and sports massage) over 25 years ago, this course was developed, specifically to the canine anatomy and is designed for all those with a love of dogs and an interest in improving the health, well-being, performance and longevity for all dogs, with the safe, effective power of correctly applied remedial and sports massage.
Many people are seeking out qualified practitioners, as the word continues to spread about the wonderful benefits of professionally applied massage such as Canine Myofunctional Therapy (CMT).
Our classes will enable you to understand fundamental principles and terminology of canine anatomy and physiology along with appropriate and correctly applied massage techniques. Our professional dog massage training program has been running for over 20 years.
The blended delivery of this course combines online webinars, live and recorded and an in-class practical week face to face with your lecturer. A wonderful way to combine the best of both worlds in education and training. Theory webinars are conducted on a weekly basis, with study breaks assisting you to review and reflect on subjects covered. The practical application of massage is conducted over a five (5) day ‘hands-on’ workshop in Daylesford/VIC-AUS and the Brisbane/ QLD-AUS, where you will join other students and be guided by your lecturer in remedial and sports massage, clinical report writing, positive proprioception exercises, and so much more as everything unfolds in the practical sense of working with dogs.
Subjects covered in the diploma:
• 13 Units of Anatomy and Physiology
• Consolidate the physiological effects of massage on every system of the body
• Directional terminology
• Latin terminology
• Contraindications and cautions to massage
• Visual observations, gait analysis, bio-mechanical function v’s dysfunction
• Tactile observations of a soft tissue diagnosis
• Therapeutic, remedial, myofascial & sports massage techniques
• Soft tissue considerations to aid recovery, understanding trigger point and muscle spasm release
• Superficial and Deep Muscles and their origin, insertion and actions
• Key points when working with dogs for the Canine Myofunctional Therapist
• Canine proprioception exercises, pole exercises.
• Professional report writing skills
• Business Plan assessment
30% deposit, add a 10% Merchant Services/Admin fee and pay the balance over 6 months.
Please contact us for a course guide and payment plan information
The next CMT course will start with theory components online on the 16th of February 2021.
Ongoing weekly Webinars will be conducted at 6.30-7.30pm AEST. The In-class Five (5) day practical week for these particular courses intake will be available in Daylesford, Victoria and Durack, Queensland.
Practical Weeks: July 2021 'TBC'. Please note: Due to COVID-19 and social distancing restrictions in different states dates are currently not confirmed for next year. The Practical Weeks may be postponed.
Course is based on part-time study and scheduled to be completed within 12 months. Nominal course hours: 790
Blended delivery of live and recorded theory webinars and in-class hands-on practical week over 5 days.
Basic dog handling skills recommended.
All assessments can be submitted by email or post.
All texts and notes are included in the price.
Graduates are eligible to join the Small Animal and Equine Naturopathic Association or the International Institute of Complimentary Therapies as a full member. Insurance to work as a professional is available.
Contact us directly for a course guide and/or download the Enrolment and Payment Agreement forms.
Email enquiries and forms to email@example.com
Dual Study Option:
A generous discount is offered to students wishing to upgrade to the Naturopathy Diploma for Companion Pets &/or combine their studies of massage for dogs and horses and graduate with a Diploma of Canine & Equine Myofunctional Therapy
Make An Enquiry With Us Today
- Enjoy the best student/teacher ratio in the industry
- Learn in a nurturing environment where you will receive individual attention and all the support you need to succeed
- Be confident learning with the college with the highest retention rate of students and 30 years in the industry
- All your texts and course notes are included in your fees
- We employ highly qualified and experienced lecturers with innovative teaching techniques
- You are guaranteed continued support after completing your course