Diploma of Canine
Canine Myofunctional Therapy (professional dog massage) has been developed specifically to the canine anatomy and is designed for all those with a love of dogs and an interest in improving the health, wellbeing, performance and longevity for dogs, with the safe, gentle, yet effective power of correctly applied remedial and sports massage.
Many people are seeking out qualified practitioners as the word continues to spread about the wonderful benefits of professionally applied massage such as Canine Myofunctional Therapy (CMT).
Our classes will enable you to understand fundamental principles and terminology of canine anatomy and physiology along with appropriate and correctly applied techniques. Our professional dog massage training program has been running close to 20 years.
The blended delivery of this course combines online webinars, live and recorded and an in-class practical week face to face with your lecturer. A wonderful way to combine the best of both worlds in education and training. Theory webinars are conducted on a weekly basis, with study breaks assisting you to review and reflect on subjects covered. The practical application of massage is conducted over a five (5) day ‘hands-on’ workshop in Daylesford/Victoria where you will join other students and be guided by your lecturer in clinical massage and clinical report writing.
Subjects covered in the diploma:
• 13 Units of Anatomy and Physiology
• Overview of physiological effects of massage on the body’s systems
• Directional terminology
• Latin terminology
• Contraindications and cautions to massage
• Visual observations, gait analysis
• Tactile observations of a soft tissue diagnosis
• Therapeutic, remedial, myofascial massage techniques
• Soft tissue considerations to aid recovery
• Superficial and Deep Muscles and their origin, insertion and actions
• Key points for the Canine Myofunctional Therapist
• Professional report writing skills
• Clinical case studies
• Business Plan assessment
30% deposit, add a 10% Merchant Services/Admin fee and pay the balance over 6 months.
Please contact us for a course guide and payment plan information
The next CMT course will start with theory components online the 9th July 2019.
Ongoing weekly Webinars will be conducted each Tuesday 6.30-7.30pm. In-class Five (5) day practical week 20th - 24th November 2019
Victorian Venue is in Daylesford, VIC.
Course is scheduled to be completed within 12 months
Blended delivery of live and recorded theory webinars and in-class hands-on practical week over 5 days
Basic dog handling skills recommended
All assessments can be submitted by email
All texts and notes are included in the price
Graduates are eligible to join the Small Animal and Equine Naturopathic Association or the International Institute of Complimentary Therapies as a full member
Contact us directly for a course guide and/or download the Enrolment and Payment Agreement forms.
Email enquiries and forms to email@example.com
Dual Study Option:
A generous discount is offered to students wishing to upgrade to the Naturopathy Diploma for Companion Pets &/or combine their studies of massage and graduate also with a Diploma of Equine Myofunctional Therapy
Make An Enquiry With Us Today
- Enjoy the best student/teacher ratio in the industry
- Learn in a nurturing environment where you will receive individual attention and all the support you need to succeed
- Be confident learning with the college with the highest retention rate of students and 25 years in the industry
- All your texts and course notes are included in your fees
- We employ highly qualified and experienced lecturers with innovative teaching techniques
- You are guaranteed continued support after completing your course