Diploma of Canine
Canine Myofunctional Therapy (professional dog massage) has been developed specifically to the canine anatomy and is designed for all those with a love of dogs and an interest in improving the health, wellbeing, performance and longevity for dogs, with the safe, gentle, yet effective power of correctly applied remedial and sports massage.
Many people are seeking out qualified practitioners as the word continues to spread about the wonderful benefits of professionally applied massage such as Canine Myofunctional Therapy (CMT).
Our classes will enable you to understand fundamental principles and terminology of canine anatomy and physiology along with appropriate and correctly applied techniques. Our dog massage training program is the highest standard delivered within Australia presented by qualified trainers with many years’ experience.
The blended delivery of this courseis a combination of online webinars and in-class face to face with your lecturer, combining the very best of both worlds in education and training. Theory webinars are conducted on a weekly basis, having a few breaks to assist you to review and reflect on subjects covered. The practical application of massage is conducted over a five (5) day ‘hands-on’ workshop where you will join other students and be guided by your lecturer in clinical massage and clinical report writing.
Subjects covered in the diploma:
• 13 Units of Anatomy and Physiology
• Overview of physiological effects of massage on each system
• Directional terminology
• Latin terminology
• Contraindications and cautions to massage
• Visual observations, gait analysis, R.O.M exercises
• Tactile observations of a soft tissue diagnosis
• Therapeutic, remedial, myofascial and sports massage techniques
• Soft tissue considerations to aid recovery and reduce R.S.I
• Superficial and Deep Muscles and their origin, insertion and actions
• Key points for the Canine Myofunctional Therapist
• Professional report writing skills
• Clinical case studies
• Business development
• Business Plan
30% deposit, add a 10% Merchant Services fee and pay the balance over 6 months.
Please contact us for a course guide and payment plan information
Victoria: course starts online 17th April 2018.
In-class Five (5) day practical week in August/September 2018.
Victorian Venue is in Daylesford, VIC.
New Zealand: the next NZ course starts online April 17th 2018.
In-class Five (5) day practical week in October School Holidays
New Zealand Venue is in Hastings, NZ.
Course is scheduled to be completed within 12 months
Blended delivery of live and recorded theory webinars and in-class hands-on practical week over 5 days
Basic dog handling skills recommended
All assessments can be submitted by email
All texts and notes are included in the price
Graduates are eligible to join the Small Animal and Equine Naturopathic Association as a full member
Contact us directly for a course guide and/or download the Enrolment and Payment Agreement forms.
Email enquiries and forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual Study Option:
A discount is offered to students wishing to complete the Equine Myofunctional Therapy as well
Make An Enquiry With Us Today
- Enjoy the best student/teacher ratio in the industry
- Learn in a nurturing environment where you will receive individual attention and all the support you need to succeed
- Be confident learning with the college with the highest retention rate of students and 25 years in the industry
- All your texts and course notes are included in your fees
- We employ highly qualified and experienced lecturers with innovative teaching techniques
- You are guaranteed continued support after completing your course